Monday, November 10, 2008

Who's Behind ItsTimeForTom.com

Hi, I'm Jake Parrillo. And I'm a regular voter. I don't work for the government nor any political organization. In fact - I'm not even a precinct committeeman any longer. I'm just someone who's fed up with the State of Illinois. And from the reaction so far on this site, I'm not the only one!

As Rich Miller at Capitol Fax pointed out, I am indeed the developer of this blog. I'm not trying to hide that. However, one thing that I believe is important - this was not some top-down effort, rather, this was just my work in trying to compel a man I know and once worked for - Tom Cross - to step out and run for Governor. No one asked me to build this site.

Take a look around. You'll notice that this isn't some high-powered big-money website. It is on blogger! The only thing that I spent on it was the $7 for the domain name: ItsTimeforTom.com. I'm sure others could have built a fancier site, but that's not what this is about. It's about connecting Republicans from across Illinois in a meaningful way via the web.

This started with just me. But in just the last 3 days, it has grown. We now have supporters filing in from all over Illinois. It won't stop here. I like to think that all the folks who are reading this are Tom Cross' "Special Interests". We need to organize quickly and with your help, Cross will jump into this race.

If you're interested in resetting the party and bringing a candidate who can win in 2010, join our movement.

No comments: